Saturday, March 19, 2011

Student benefits

Marlana from Indiana writes:
I need to know if I will be able to receive my check from my dad’s disability Social Security when I start college this fall. I will be 18 in June but will still need help for some of my college expenses.

Answer: No, sorry to tell you. Your Social Security benefits as a child terminate when you turn 18 unless you are in high school, in which case they can continue up to the end of the semester that you turn 18. These benefits are no longer payable for college students.

No comments: